We are excited to announce that enrollment has begun for the start After School Program at First Church of God in St. James!
This program operates with the St. James School schedule and facilitates a structured environment in which students pre-school through 5th grade are supervised. These students also have the opportunity to complete homework, have a snack, and participate in a variety of engaging activities. The program provides transportation from both the Lucy Wortham James Elementary School and Tiger Cubs to the First Church of God.
The schedule for this program is as follows:
- Before school: 6:30am – 7:30am
- After school: 3:15pm – 5:30pm Monday – Thursday
- Early out Fridays: 2:15pm – 5:30pm
- Half days and school breaks: to be accommodated as needed
- Major holidays (e.g., Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.): closed
- Early out/cancelled as a result of weather: closed
Fees for this program are as follows:
- Application fee: $25 (non-refundable and non-transferable)
- Weekly rate: $55 for the first child and $45 for each additional child
- Partial days (due to either snow or early out): $11 for the first child and $9 for each additional child
- Morning care: $10 per child
- School break: $20 per child
Children must be picked up by 5:30pm. For the first five minutes that pickup is late, an additional $1 late feel will be added for a total of $5. After 5:35pm, this fee will increase to $3 per minute. These fees will be reflected in the child’s next billing cycle. Please note that continued late pickup may result in either suspension or termination of services with no refunds.
Payment will be due weekly on the first business day (Monday) of the week. Arrangements can be made for those who wish to pay on a monthly schedule. Notification will be sent when the payment is late, and 48 hours will be granted to make the account current. After 48 hours, services will be suspended until the account is current. Payments made consistently late will result in either the suspension or termination of services with no refunds.
To enroll your child(ren), please complete the forms below. All three of these forms, as well as a $25 deposit (non-refundable and non-transferable), are required to guarantee each child’s spot. We currently have approximately 45 spots available. Forms may be submitted either through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person.
- Child Enrollment Form
- Child Enrollment Options
- Illness/Injury Form
- Morning Care Form
- Pickup Form
- Media Release Form
A complete list of our program’s policies and procedures can be found here.
After School Program Volunteers
First Church of God, St. James, Missouri is currently seeking applicants for After School Program Volunteers.
- Have clear faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing personal relationship with Christ
- Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
- Possess good people skills
- Able to be a team player
- Develop and nurture relationships with children and parents
- Maintain a lifestyle that reflects the church’s mission
- Be eighteen years of age or older
- Able to maintain a regular schedule
ASP Volunteer Responsibilities
- Help carry out daily programming and activities
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians for child’s well being and development
- Help children with homework
- Assist in daily clean-up
After School Program Volunteer is a part-time unpaid position with an average of 15 hours per week available.
Interested applicants may submit their letters of interest (encouraged but not required) and resumes to the following:
615 West James Blvd
St. James, MO 65559
Those with questions may speak to someone directly by calling: (573) 361-1556.
We are currently in need of several supplies. Please consider donating any and all of the following:
- Craft supplies
- Non-perishable snacks
- Board games
For more information or to drop off donations, please contact Christy Malesker by phone at 573.361.1556 nor email at email@example.com.