The After School Program is a new program operating out of the First Church of God, St. James, Missouri. This program will serve as a place in which students will be provided with a safe, structured, Christ-Centered environment in the after school hours. It will begin with the 2019-2020 school year and will mirror the St. James School’s District Calendar. The vision for this program is to serve a need that the community has by providing after school care for families of our community. We would
also like to use this as a ministry outreach opportunity for the families of the students we encounter in the After School Program.
After School Program Mission Statement: Serving families of the community by providing quality, engaging childcare in a safe, Christ-centered environment.
The First Church of God After School Program is collecting names of students that we can serve in the 2019-2020 school year. This program will be operating with the St. James School schedule and will facilitate a structured environment in which students Pre-School through 5th grade will be supervised. These students will also have the opportunity to complete homework, have a snack, and participate in a variety of engaging activities after school hours until 5:30pm. The program will provide transportation from both the Lucy Wortham James Elementary School and Tiger Cubs to the First Church of God.
To enroll your child(ren), please complete the required forms. All three of these forms, as well as a $25 deposit, are required to guarantee each child’s spot. We currently have approximately 45 spots available. Forms may be submitted either through email (email@example.com) or in person.
To complete these forms electronically, please follow these simple instructions:
- Click on the form you wish to complete (e.g., “Form One”).
- Click on the “Download” button (For those using a PC, see Figure 1).
- Save the document on your computer (e.g., your desktop).
- Locate the document you’ve saved to your computer.
- Open the document.
- Type your information into the document.
- Save the changes you’ve made to the document.
- Send your document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Program Volunteers
First Church of God, St. James, Missouri is currently seeking applicants for After School Program Volunteers.
- Have clear faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Be teachable and willing to be held accountable.
- Be willing to help in a variety of ways that may be needed on the day they volunteer.
- Possess good people skills.
- Able to be a team player.
- Develop and nurture relationships with children and parents.
- Maintain a lifestyle that reflects the church’s mission.
- Be sixteen years of age or older.
- Be dependable.
ASP Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Help carry out daily programming and activities.
- If needed, communicate effectively with parents and guardians for child’s well being and development.
- Help children or staff members with daily needs.
- Use your passion and talent to provide classes, activities, or assistance when needed.
- Drive the bus that picks children up from school and transports them to church.
- Help kids with homework.
- Read to children.
After School Program Volunteer is a part-time unpaid position with varying days and hours.
Interested applicants may submit their letters of interest (encouraged but not required) and resumes to the following:
615 West James Blvd
St. James, MO 65559
Those with questions may speak to someone directly by calling: (573) 361-1556.
We are currently in need of several supplies. Please consider donating any and all of the following:
- Craft supplies
- Non-perishable snacks
- Board games
For more information or to drop off donations, please contact Christy Malesker by phone at 573.361.1556 nor email at email@example.com.