We are so excited to officially start Before Care at First Church of God in St. James!
Cost: $10/week per child
Hours: Church doors open at 6:30am with loading on the school bus at 7:30am
Breakfast will not be provided at Before Care. (We will make sure the children have time to eat at school.) A breakfast can be sent with children to eat at before care, before getting on the bus.
The First Church of God After School Program is also collecting names of students that we can serve in the 2020 school year. This program operates with the St. James School schedule and facilitates a structured environment in which students pre-school through 5th grade are supervised. These students also have the opportunity to complete homework, have a snack, and participate in a variety of engaging activities after school hours until 5:30pm. The program provides transportation from both the Lucy Wortham James Elementary School and Tiger Cubs to the First Church of God.
To enroll your child(ren), please complete the required forms. All three of these forms, as well as a $25 deposit, are required to guarantee each child’s spot. We currently have approximately 45 spots available. Forms may be submitted either through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person.
To complete these forms electronically, please follow these simple instructions:
- Click on the form you wish to complete (e.g., “Form One”).
- Click on the “Download” button (For those using a PC, see Figure 1).
- Save the document on your computer (e.g., your desktop).
- Locate the document you’ve saved to your computer.
- Open the document.
- Type your information into the document.
- Save the changes you’ve made to the document.
- Send your document as an attachment to email@example.com.
After School Program Volunteers
First Church of God, St. James, Missouri is currently seeking applicants for After School Program Volunteers.
- Have clear faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Be teachable and willing to be held accountable.
- Be willing to help in a variety of ways that may be needed on the day they volunteer.
- Possess good people skills.
- Able to be a team player.
- Develop and nurture relationships with children and parents.
- Maintain a lifestyle that reflects the church’s mission.
- Be sixteen years of age or older.
- Be dependable.
ASP Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Help carry out daily programming and activities.
- If needed, communicate effectively with parents and guardians for child’s well being and development.
- Help children or staff members with daily needs.
- Use your passion and talent to provide classes, activities, or assistance when needed.
- Drive the bus that picks children up from school and transports them to church.
- Help kids with homework.
- Read to children.
After School Program Volunteer is a part-time unpaid position with varying days and hours.
Interested applicants may submit their letters of interest (encouraged but not required) and resumes to the following:
615 West James Blvd
St. James, MO 65559
Those with questions may speak to someone directly by calling: (573) 361-1556.
We are currently in need of several supplies. Please consider donating any and all of the following:
- Craft supplies
- Non-perishable snacks
- Board games
For more information or to drop off donations, please contact Christy Malesker by phone at 573.361.1556 nor email at firstname.lastname@example.org.